Title VI Non-Discrimination Policy Statement
The North Central Pennsylvania Regional Planning and Development Commission’s Rural Planning Organization (North Central RPO) assures the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation that no person shall be excluded, denied services or benefits to, or otherwise subjected to discrimination or retaliation against any person on the ground of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, low income, or Limited English Proficiency, in admission to, participation with, or receipt of services under any of our programs and activities, and in staff and employee assignments to patrons, whether carried out by North Central directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which North Central arranges to carry out its programs and activities, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and the Americans with Disability Act of 1990.
North Central RPO agrees to the following responsibilities with respect to its programs and activities:
- Designate an office of responsibility to manage North Central’s Title VI
- Designate an Affirmative Action point of contact.
- Publish a policy statement, signed by the Executive Director expressing North Central’s commitment to the non-discrimination provisions of Title
- Distribute North Central’s Policy Statement to the RPO membership, and make available on the RPO website.
- Develop a complaint/discrimination reporting procedure
- Designate an Equal Employment Opportunity point of contact to investigate and/or resolve complaints of
- Participate in training offered on Title VI and other non-discrimination
- Have a process to gather and maintain racial/ethnic data on persons impacted by North Central’s plans and
THIS ASSURANCE is given in consideration of and for the purpose of obtaining any and all federal funds, grants, loans, properties, discounts or other federal assistance under all programs and activities and is binding. The person whose signature appears below is authorized to sign this assurance on behalf of the North Central RPO.
|Title VI Compliance Plan|
|North Central Title VI Complaint Procedures|
|North Central Nondiscrimination Complaint Form|
|Title VI Policy Statement|
|Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program Policy|